Welcome to the Home Appliance and Homeware Best Practice Forum.
The Home Appliance and Homeware Best Practice Forum is a group of suppliers who meet quarterly with the following objectives:
- To discuss factors and processes relating to identifying and achieving supply chain “Best Practice”
- To enhance understanding – customer requirements, developments, trends, regulations,
- To identify barriers to improvement
- To identify opportunities for “learning” between companies
- To identify opportunities for collaboration between companies
- To discuss topics of specific interest to the Group
- To provide data and measures of interest to Members
Each quarterly meeting includes a general discussion on market developments together with specific topics agreed in advance by the Members.
Meetings operate under strict guidelines. The Supply Chain Best Practice Forum is only interested in :
- supply chain management , logistics operations and delivery service levels
The Forum is not interested in and will totally exclude :
- Sales policies, Marketing, R&D, Products, Technologies, Pricing, Profits, Margins, Discounts, Rebates, Commercial Terms and Bidding
The Forum is particularly focussed on supply chain developments being driven by the manufacturers, their suppliers and their customers. The scope of interest will encompass :
Supply Chain Management
- Examples : Sales & Operations Planning, Inventory Management, Demand Forecasting, Production (Supplier) Adherence
- Examples : Network Infrastructures, Primary & Secondary Transport, Warehousing , Outsourcing
- Examples : Range of Service Measures, “Order to Cash”, “On Shelf/In Store Availability”
The objective of the forum is to discuss factors and processes relating to identifying and achieving “best practice” supply chains, to enhance and share understanding of “best practice” and identify opportunities to achieve supply chain and logistics improvements. The Forum will not discuss individual business or commercial strategies and all members of the Forum will abide by “Competition Law” and not operate as a cartel or in any co-ordinated way to disadvantage their suppliers or customers. Each member should use the information and learning gained from the Forum to make their own individual decisions
Non-sensitive data only will be shared. SCALA will collate agreed data and will guarantee confidentiality of that data. This will either
1. already be in the public domain
2. be historical (minimum one year)
3. be aggregated to give no indication of specific individual companies
It is the responsibility of SCALA and each individual member company to ensure they do not breach these guidelines.
If you are interested in joining this Forum or would like further information, please contact Alison Hobson email@example.com or call 01484 437486
Please click here to visit the main SCALA site.